Welcome to the 2013 Huntington Beach HS Softball program. Your daughter has been selected to play for upcoming school season which begins in Feb.
Jeff, Johnny, Monica, Tony
Nikole, Lee, Carissa
FALL WORKOUTS – NOV & DEC SCHEDULE
TUES 1:30-3:00 – FIELDING (C/P @ 1PM)
WED TBD – INDIV OR POSITION PRACTICES (Start in Dec)
THURS 1:30-3:00 – HITTING/CONDITIONING
If in a winter sport, not required to attend till your sport is finished.
Teams will be formed at winter break and once we return to school, teams will be broken out.
FALL WORKOUTS – JAN SCHEDULE
TUES 1:30-3:00 – FIELDING (C/P @ 1PM)
WED 3:00-5:00 Team PRACTICES
THURS 1:30-3:00 – HITTING
SPRING PRACTICES – FEB SCHEDULE
MON-FRI – 1:30-3:30, OR 3:00-5:30
FALL GAMES (for all Varsity, JV and selected new players – will have a list on which players per game are expected to attend). Players in winter sport are not required to participate until sport is finished
NOV 7TH @ SPORTS COMPLEX VS FOOTHILL, 6:00 PM
NOV 14nd @ SPORTS COMPLEX VS ROSARY, 7:45 PM
NOV 21TH @ SPORTS COMPLEX VS SC 6:00 PM
NOV 27TH @ HBHS VS LAKEWOOD 4:00 pm & 6:00 pm
NOV 30TH @ HBHS VS VILLA PARK 3:30 pm (TWO TEAMS)
Will post prior to game on web site list of players to attend
Month of Jan –
Varsity will play Mondays
JV will play Wednesdays
Feb 9h – NORTHWOOD (V/JV)
FEB 13TH ORANGE LUTHERAN (V)
JV only Scrimmage - TBD
SPRING SCHEDULES – WILL BE ON WEB SITE
LEAGUE HOME GAME TIMES -
JV will be at 3:15, Varsity will be at 6:00 pm
Field Help and Support NEEDED – various field projects
5th Period PE is a must, Zero if we can get for next semester
GENERAL BOOSTER MEETINGS
Any questions, please reach me at contact info below.
Jeff Forsberg– 714 791-1436
Information for the Marathon Game Fundraiser will be sent home tomorrow with the players. It is in a big manilla envelope and needs immediate attention. The donation letters MUST be returned to me by Tuesday, February 21st at practice. They cannot be late or we will be behind in our donation timeline. Each player who turns in their (10) donation letters on Tuesday, February 21st will receive a gift certificate for a FREE Robek's Smoothie.
We will be hosting a BBQ for coaches, players, families, and friends. Donations are needed so the expense doesn't have to come out of the program fund.
If you can donate, please email me what you would like to donate. You can donate more than one item if you would like.
(PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ALL TO THIS EMAIL)
Just a note that multiple families might be donating the same items, so that is why some numbers seem low or high.
Hamburgers (2) dozen patties
Hamburger Buns (2) dozen
Hot Dogs (2) dozen
Hot Dog Buns (2) dozen
Mustard (4) squeeze bottles
Ketchup (4) squeeze bottles
Relish (2) squeeze bottles
Sliced pickles (3) jars
Pickle Speers (3) jars
Lettuce (3) heads cut for burgers
Tomatoes (5 large or 10 small) cut for burgers
Onions (5) sliced for burgers
Styrofoam Plates (100) count
Napkins (500) count
Cookies (2) dozen
Brownie Bites (1) dozen
Gatorades (small 12 oz) - (1) case
Water and sodas are all being donated by Stater Bros.
We need parent volunteers to help with the event. Please let me know if you can help and the shift you would like.
(AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ALL)
SET-UP: 4:30pm until the game starts. I need 4-5 people.
BBQ: I need (2) people to BBQ from 5:30pm until 8:30pm. If you can't do the entire shift, please let me know what you can do.
CLEAN UP: 8:00pm until done. I need 4-5 people.
Coach Jeff is forwarding this email to everyone since I don't have all the addresses, so please DO NOT HIT REPLY OR REPLY ALL to this email.
Click on my email email@example.com to reply. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the best we can do for now.
Also, please let me know if you have any questions...email, text, or call.
Thanks for all your help!
◦ This includes all Booster Board Members, Snack Bar Volunteers, Drivers, or anyone who volunteers on campus or has direct access to kids.
• All volunteers who work in Snack Bars or Drive kids must be TB tested with a copy on file in the Community Resource (VIPS) Office.
• Drivers must also fill out a “Permission to use Personal Vehicle in Transporting Students” Form at the Activities Office and turn in a copy of their Drivers License and Insurance. Once cleared through the Activities Office, copies are kept on file in the Community Resource (VIPS) Office.
• All volunteers (coaches, board members, parent volunteers) under the supervision of a Non-Certificated Employee (Walk on Coach) must also be fingerprinted.
◦ They must pick up a Fingerprinting Form at the District Office with instructions and pay the $15 rolling fee. The District Office with notify the Community Resource Coordinator when the fingerprints are clear.
2011 SOFTBALL BANQUET
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Sea Cliff Country Club
6501 Palm Avenue, Huntington Beach
6:30pm – 9:30pm
Raffles and Prizes!!
Check-in begins at 6:00 pm and Dinner served promptly at 6:30 pm
Strict dress code: No Denim/No Exceptions
Ticket Order Form
Players are Free – Guests are $35 per person ($40 at the door)
Player’s Name(s): ________________________________________________________
# of Guests: ______________ X $35 = __________
Make checks payable to: HBHS Girls Softball Boosters
Dinner will include a Pasta Buffet and Dessert
Due Date: Friday, May 13, 2011
Mail Order Form & Payment to: Kitty Barlow-Ross 1901 Delaware St Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Tickets will be available at check-in the night of the event.
Items to discuss--
Start of Season, Alumni Game, Schedules, Santa Maria - Please attend as this is an important meeting
Location: Benji Medure's Room (Auto shop - Building I)
Location: Benji Medure's Room (Auto shop - Building I
- To organize the Fri Nov 20th-22nd for Worthy Showcase Fundraiser
- To lead the Kick off Program Dinner in early Jan.
- An Apparel Person to organize 2010 apparel and Equipment
- We will be traveling over Spring Break - Need someone to help me to organize this trip with transportation, lodging, etc
- On the Booster Club - We need a Secretary, Vice President and Banquet Chair, to start.
Please let me know if you can help - Call or email
We will need to fill booster spots – and will need your help. If you want to get involved – please do so. We are going in a different direction and we NEED your HELP! We will be hosting an alumni game, and traveling this spring break and will need to plan, now.